Username: Password: Remember me
General comments

TOPIC: Malkorok Heroic Down

Malkorok Heroic Down 8 months 1 week ago #1301

• Hermis
  • Thank you received: 23
My PoV (Resto Druid)

Lego's Pov (Hunter's PoV)

This is our Malkorok Heroic kill, the 9th boss in Siege of Orgrimmar. This video isn't a guide however you can see how we dealt with several mechanics in detail. It's really important for your raid to find a way to handle Malkorok's ability "Arcing Smash". We used Malkorok Helper, an addon you can find on curse, in order to mark the areas where Malkorok used that ability on and avoid them during "Breath of Y'Shaarj".

As a healer, in the begining of the fight you need to build up people's shields as soon as possilbe. As a Restoration Druid, I suggest you use Soul of the Forest + Traquility. Symbiosis on a Shadow Priest, gives an extra Traquility to the raid. Make sure that you can monitor the different levels of someone's shield on your raidframes via monitoring the following debuffs: Weak Ancient Barrier, Ancient Barrier and Strong Ancient Barrier. AoE smart heals remain useful in this fight, however, they can be tricked from the mechanics of the fight and be less effective. Hence, signle target heals like rejuvenation may be proven more useful here. Finally, use a personal defensive CD whenever you try to absorb a purple patch caused from Malkorok's ability "Imploding Energy" and an external defensive CD on people who are about to absorb a purple patch.

Good luck and have fun
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Hermis.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Strife, Hermis, ctshammy, kubik
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds